- Spend at least two minutes brushing your teeth and tongue two times a day.
- We recommend using a Sonicare toothbrush and a pea-sized amount of ADA-approved toothpaste. Let your toothbrush air dry following use.
- Use floss at least once a day every day to clean between your teeth.
- Generally, a floss string length of 18-24 inches is sufficient.
- Be sure to floss up and down from the tooth tip to the gumline.
Rinse / Mouthwash
- Rinse with mouthwash to freshen breath, to help prevent or control tooth decay, to reduce plaque (a thin film of bacteria that forms on teeth), to prevent or reduce gingivitis (an early stage of gum disease), to reduce the speed that tartar (hardened plaque) forms on the teeth, or to produce a combination of these effects.
- We recommend using Listerine or any other ADA-approved rinse.
- Children under age 6 should not use a fluoride mouthwash.